Shoud Themis,Love Street house, The Doors Studio be turned into

21 replies to this topic

#1 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Peppermint Girl's

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

Should one of these;Themis,Love Street house, The Doors Studio be turned into a museum. To celebrate the lives,music, and poetry of the doors. I am sure the band-mates and their family's have many things to show us. Never seen before. How much could these places cost to buy? 1 or 3 million? That is little to these guys anyway.

Edited by manhime, 27 September 2013 - 01:38 AM.

#2 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

The Doors' workshop/office/rehearsal space where L.A. Woman was recorded would be a good choice. It's changed hands a few times. Last I heard, it had been a Mexican restaurant and was on the market.
There's a thread with more info here:
http://thedoors.com/...showtopic=21261

Edited by Encuentro, 27 September 2013 - 02:28 AM.

#3 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

I was there when it was a Mexican restaurant. It since closed. Some bar opened there. It wad featured on show bar rescue or something like that.

Edited by manhime, 27 September 2013 - 02:18 PM.

#4 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

I was there when it was a Mexican restaurant. It since closed. Some bar opened there. It wad featured on show bar rescue or something like that.

I was there when it was Benvenuto Restaurant and I went in to tour it and see the bathroom and downstairs space, and then it became the Mexican restaurant. I didn't ever go back in, but I visited it every year. I did see that show you mentioned. They were going to make it a drag queen show or something. Not sure what's in it now.

It is a hot property, the location is perfect for West Hollywood. It probably wouldn't fit the style of West Hollywood if they put in a Doors museum. I'm not to sure how well a Doors museum would do. It's a nice idea, but I think the Doors management wants to make money now, not spend it!
The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

#5 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

I was there when it was Benvenuto Restaurant and I went in to tour it and see the bathroom and downstairs space, and then it became the Mexican restaurant. I didn't ever go back in, but I visited it every year. I did see that show you mentioned. They were going to make it a drag queen show or something. Not sure what's in it now.

It is a hot property, the location is perfect for West Hollywood. It probably wouldn't fit the style of West Hollywood if they put in a Doors museum. I'm not to sure how well a Doors museum would do. It's a nice idea, but I think the Doors management wants to make money now, not spend it!

I think different. Put in ray's original keyboard, Johns drums, Robbies guitar, and Jim's poems. I am sure many would pay a $10 admission.

#6 Shelby68

Shelby68

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Interests:Music, nature, the getting of wisdom

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

I know WeHo is gaytown now, but the city should celebrate its diversity and its history. The Doors rehearsal space should definitely be a museum!! Look at all Liverpool has done to celebrate the Beatles. West Hollywood should at bare minimum have a Doors museum. And Alta Cienega Motel should be declared a property of historic value and thus receive a tax break. The family that runs it is kind and hard-working.

#7 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

I know WeHo is gaytown now, but the city should celebrate its diversity and its history. The Doors rehearsal space should definitely be a museum!! Look at all Liverpool has done to celebrate the Beatles. West Hollywood should at bare minimum have a Doors museum. And Alta Cienega Motel should be declared a property of historic value and thus receive a tax break. The family that runs it is kind and hard-working.

Well the place was a $*&$^@- hole in the 1960's The only thing to get better is the price and that is for the owners.

#8 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:46 AM

you're all a bunch of slaves... been down this road with me before?
whiskey a go fuvkin'go...Morrison was shy there. this other place you mentin infuvkin' what's the fuvk in west hollywood?And you motherfuvkers always mention a price tag? Shall we move this shit to ebay?
No, I decided the beach... it's free for all. the beach is where we need to remember, or any fuvkin' rooftop? still with me

#9 StupidGirl

StupidGirl

• Banned
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:the truth...for it can be adjusted.....

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:50 AM

yea or nay?

#10 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

Well the place was a $*&$^@- hole in the 1960's The only thing to get better is the price and that is for the owners.

I agree. That motel was scary and a dump! I would only stay there if I was down and out on my luck! It was awesome to visit and take pics(that I wish I could post here), but I'd never stay.

Now in my opinion, The Beatles are a far more popular band than the Doors. The Beatles release an album and it goes to number one. The Doors not so much. I hate to say it but it seems whatever the Beatles release/open it does really well. They have a massive fan base, I think much more than the Doors.

So I don't think a Doors museum would do well. Maybe if they did a traveling one that you could go to a big city and see memorabilia, that seems more logical.
The future's uncertain

#11 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

I agree. That motel was scary and a dump! I would only stay there if I was down and out on my luck! It was awesome to visit and take pics(that I wish I could post here), but I'd never stay.

Now in my opinion, The Beatles are a far more popular band than the Doors. The Beatles release an album and it goes to number one. The Doors not so much. I hate to say it but it seems whatever the Beatles release/open it does really well. They have a massive fan base, I think much more than the Doors.

So I don't think a Doors museum would do well. Maybe if they did a traveling one that you could go to a big city and see memorabilia, that seems more logical.

Ok you are not getting me. The building that houses the old doors workshop is small and not expensive as a huge museum. So is the building that houses Themis and the love street house. For example we know they tried to sell the Love street house for a million or so. That is pocket change to John or Robbie. To take a place that costs under 2 million and make a small museum would be a great way to preserve their legacy. It would not cost much in the scheme of things. .It would ensure they would not be forgotten. That Jim's legacy will not be forgotten.

We are not talking about 10 million dollars. We are talking a million to 2 million. You are telling me that each band member did not make 10 to 20 times that amount?

A place the Morrison's and Courson's family to lend there boxes full of memories for the fans to look at and share.

The investment is very small for them.

#12 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:19 AM

Ok you are not getting me. The building that houses the old doors workshop is small and not expensive as a huge museum. So is the building that houses Themis and the love street house. For example we know they tried to sell the Love street house for a million or so. That is pocket change to John or Robbie. To take a place that costs under 2 million and make a small museum would be a great way to preserve their legacy. It would not cost much in the scheme of things. .It would ensure they would not be forgotten. That Jim's legacy will not be forgotten.

We are not talking about 10 million dollars. We are talking a million to 2 million. You are telling me that each band member did not make 10 to 20 times that amount?

A place the Morrison's and Courson's family to lend there boxes full of memories for the fans to look at and share.

The investment is very small for them.

I totally get what your saying Manhime, but the Doors can't even release albums they promised, they all can't get along, they argue, involve lawyers, so that is why I don't think a museum would work.

And I do think each band member has money to fund a project like that, but it's been 40 plus years since they've broken up and nothing's been done as far as a museum goes. A museum would be a great idea, but it don't see it happening. :(
The future's uncertain

#13 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

Posted Image

#14 Encuentro

Encuentro

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

The above pic was taken by Ida Miller in early July. It's currently vacant.

#15 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:08 AM

The above pic was taken by Ida Miller in early July. It's currently vacant.

I thought that the place had a resident. It was on tv show that it was rented.

#16 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:18 AM

I thought that the place had a resident. It was on tv show that it was rented.

That show was a few years ago. At least it is not frigging hot pink anymore! When I first went there it was a dark maroon red, then hot pink. I take new pictures each time I'm there since it changes so much.
The future's uncertain

#17 manhime

manhime

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:22 AM

That show was a few years ago. At least it is not frigging hot pink anymore! When I first went there it was a dark maroon red, then hot pink. I take new pictures each time I'm there since it changes so much.

It is empty? John and robbie should buy the building and make a DOORS museum.

#18 TheDoorsMusic

TheDoorsMusic

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

The one thing I can't get over when viewing the plaque is that the jerks who painted it, couldn't even mask off the plaque as to not get paint on it. Duh!

A post of mine from years ago.

http://thedoors.com/...18

Racing through the trees of the night.

#19 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

It is empty? John and robbie should buy the building and make a DOORS museum.

Not sure. I looked online, but couldn't find anything. Businesses do not last very long in there.

Wishful thinking that The Doors will buy it. :)
The future's uncertain

#20 queenhwy

queenhwy

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:36 AM

The one thing I can't get over when viewing the plaque is that the jerks who painted it, couldn't even mask off the plaque as to not get paint on it. Duh!

A post of mine from years ago.

http://thedoors.com/...38;#entry235661

I agree, he needs some blue painters tape. At least they keep the plaque. I'm sure someday someone will come in and not care it was the Doors space and take the plaques down.

The Italian restaurant didn't mind people coming in. I went in in 2007, the staff was prepping and I said something Doors related to them and they were like knock yourselves out. So we only checked out the bathroom and looked around downstairs. I got lots of pics and even one in the stairway(left side). It is enclosed now, but there's a pic of all the guys on the steps and one of JM walking up, so I wanted my picture taken there. :)
The future's uncertain

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users